Success

To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child , a garden patch, or a redeemed condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Story of Phoenix

This was quite a fiasco for me, though fortunately my other fellow travellers were none the wiser! What happened was that (trigger happy) I saw an enclose with a small board which said "My Story". It described in good detail the story of an animal who had become orphan as both its parents were killed by poachers (that should have raised my antenna, but sadly it didn't). Naturally, I assumed that the royal goat standing just inside the enclosure was Phoenix, and clicked away happily. It was only when I went a few steps forward that I realised Phoenix was actually a 5-year old elephant!! Posted by Picasa

No comments: